Essential oil jewelry comes in all different shapes and sizes.
It’s a great way to enjoy the benefits of aromatherapy from anywhere.
It’s also beautiful to wear and a convenient way to keep your essential oils with you at all times!
How to Use Essential Oil Jewelry
If you have a crystal vial necklace from the Active & Oily shop, here are a few tips on how to use it the right way:
- Unscrew your vial carefully (don’t lose the top!) and drop in a few drops of your favorite essential oil. Screw the lid back on and wear.
- Open your vial throughout the day and breath in the scent for aromatherapy benefits and/or dab a little on your wrists for a natural perfume.
- If you plan to use the essential oils topically, make sure your essential oil is skin-safe and dilute with a carrier oil such as fractionated coconut oil.
- Keep in mind that if you put colored essential oils into your vial necklace, in some cases, colored essential oils may cause staining to the inside of your vial. Essential oils with colors such as greens, blues, purples, and citrus oils may cause staining. When in doubt, use clear essential oils.
- Your vial contains small pieces and therefore should not be used by children.
How to Care For Essential Oil Jewelry
Just like anything else, your essential oil jewelry will need regular care. Here are my best tips to keep your jewelry in tip-top condition:
- Always open and close your vial gently and set the top in a safe place so you will not misplace it.
- Do not let your jewelry come into contact with water, lotion, etc. to prevent tarnishing.
- When you want to change oils in your vial, carefully wipe out the inside of your vial with a tiny piece of paper towel. You also dip the end of the paper towel in warm soapy water (mild soap) and then use it to wipe out the inside. Do not submerge your necklace in water or get water on the metal parts.
- Always handle your crystal necklace with care. It can break if it is dropped.
I hope you enjoyed these tips. Have fun with your essential oil jewelry!
Feel free to DM us on Instagram at @activeandoily or shoot us an email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.